Pesto Linguine With Lemon
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces uncooked linguine
- Vegetable Medley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cups diced oyster mushroom caps, (about 6 ounces)
- 1 medium (1/4x1/4-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chopped tomato
1. Combine pesto ingredients (through olive oil) in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. While the pasta cooks, prepare the vegetable medley.
3. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion; sauté 2-3 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add mushrooms and pepper; continue cooking for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add basil, arugula, wine, and tomatoes; continue cooking 4-5 minutes.
4. Combine pesto with vegetable medley; then combine pesto-vegetable mixture with linguine.
5. Divide pasta evenly among 6 plates.
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes. This antioxidant-rich, veggie-packed recipe helps you meet your daily quota, and with 8 grams of fiber, it will keep you satisfied for hours.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||511|
|Fat per serving:||15g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||74g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||312mg|
|Calcium per serving:||81mg|