- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups mixed, diced seasonal veggies (a combination of butternut squash, onion, garlic, mushrooms, frozen peas or corn kernels is nice)
- 2 cups (9 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas
1. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. If using onions, sauté 3-5 minutes, or until soft and translucent. Add remaining vegetables. Continue cooking until all of the vegetables are soft.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of cheese and 1/3 cup of vegetables evenly over each tortilla; fold in half. Place tortillas on baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese melts. Enjoy with your favorite salsa.
Variation: Add a tablespoon of cooked black or pinto beans to the vegetables in each quesadilla.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 13 minutes. No one can resist warm melted cheese. And you don't have to with this healthy version of a traditional quesadilla. Serve with the guacamole for a hearty appetizer or light lunch.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 quesadilla)
|Calories per serving:||224|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||14g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||24g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||15mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||643mg|
|Calcium per serving:||478mg|