Goat Cheese and Spiced Walnuts on Endive
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 16 Belgian endive leaves
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine first 7 ingredients. Spread nuts on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes, stirring halfway through baking. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Arrange leaves on platter. Spread about 1 teaspoon of cheese into each leaf. Top with walnuts. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: One-bite appetizers are an ideal party food. Prep these goat cheese appetizers ahead of time to save a few minutes the day of the party.
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 2 endive leaves)
|Calories per serving:||95|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||4g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||7mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||88mg|
|Calcium per serving:||30mg|