Red Onion Jam and Gorgonzola Tartlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chopped red onions (about 4 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 packages mini phyllo shells (15 shells each, such as Athens)
- 5 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat, 20 minutes. Stir in next 6 ingredients. Bring to boil; reduce to simmer. Cook 5 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Cool.
3. Place phyllo shells on pan; spoon 1/2 teaspoon Gorgonzola into each. Top with 1 teaspoon jam. Bake 10 minutes and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Look no further for the perfect pick-up appetizer thanks to the bold flavor of red onion jam and gorgonzola in these tartlets.
- Yield: Makes 10 servings (serving size: 3 tartlets)
|Calories per serving:||74|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||0.0g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||9g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||1mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||58mg|
|Calcium per serving:||10mg|