Chicken Satay With Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast tenders (about 15 pieces)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
- 15 (12-inch) wooden skewers, presoaked
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Place chicken, 3 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and curry powder in a zip-top bag. Seal bag and refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Whisk together remaining lime juice and soy sauce with peanut butter and next 3 ingredients. Set aside.
3. Arrange rack in the center of the oven and preheat broiler to high.
4. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken on skewers; arrange on baking sheet.
5. Broil chicken 4â5 minutes, until cooked through. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with dipping sauce.
- Yield: Makes 15 servings (serving size: 1 satay, 1 tablespoon sauce)
Prep: 10 minutes; Marinate: 1 hour; Cook: 4 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||58|
|Fat per serving:||2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||7g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||2g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||17mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||169mg|
|Calcium per serving:||7mg|