Simple Cranberry-Citrus Relish
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar, or more to taste
- 1 3-inch orange rind strip
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1/2 a large orange)
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, until cranberries pop and mixture thickens.
2. Remove the cloves and the cinnamon stick with a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until ready to use.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes. This simple whip-it-up relish trumps the old cranberry sauce standby on healthfulness and taste. It can be made up to three days in advance, and stored in the refrigerator until Thanksgiving dinner.
- Yield: Makes 10 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
|Calories per serving:||74|
|Fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||0.0g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||19g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||5mg|