Mojo Turkey Tacos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) cooked, coarsely chopped turkey breast
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
1. Using a whisk, mix first 7 ingredients (through sour cream) in a small bowl. Toss with turkey. Set aside.
2. Heat the tortillas according to package directions.
3. Spoon 1/4 cup of the turkey mixture onto each tortilla. Then top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons drained and rinsed black beans, 1 tablespoon bottled salsa, 2 tablespoons shredded iceberg lettuce, 1 tablespoon shredded cheese, and 1 tablespoon diced peeled avocado.
4. Fold tortilla around taco mixture and serve.
- Prep Time: A little spice and fresh ingredients go a long way to make taco night more exciting. This recipe will really get your mojo going by using turkey instead of chicken.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)
|Calories per serving:||434|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||39g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||48g|
|Fiber per serving:||9g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||78mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||835mg|
|Calcium per serving:||372mg|