Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Crispy Capers and Carrots
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 cups (1/4-inch) diagonally cut carrots
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup well-drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450º.
2. Combine Brussels sprouts, carrots, and 3 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl, tossing to coat. Spread on large roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add capers; fry 3 minutes or until brown and crisp. With slotted spoon, transfer capers to paper towels to drain. Set aside.
4. Combine Brussels sprout mixture and capers in medium bowl. Sprinkle with parsley, salt, and pepper; toss gently to mix.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes. People typically turn up their noses at Brussels sprouts. But carrots, capers, and parsley take these to another level, flavorwise.
- Yield: Makes about 12 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
|Calories per serving:||86|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||8g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||3mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||222mg|
|Calcium per serving:||38mg|