Turkey Sandwich With Spicy Cranberry Spread
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce (or any leftover cranberry sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 8 (1-ounce) slices whole-wheat bread, divided
- 4 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 12 ounces cooked, thinly sliced turkey breast
- 4 large green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Asiago cheese
1. Put cranberry sauce, mustard, and horseradish in a small bowl, and mix together with a whisk.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on each of 4 slices of bread.
3. Toast the bread slices until they are golden brown.
4. Spread 1 teaspoon of the mayonnaise on each of the remaining 4 slices of bread.
5. Layer 3 ounces sliced turkey, 1 lettuce leaf, and 1 slice cheese on each of the bread slices spread with cranberry sauce. Top each sandwich with the remaining slice of bread. Cut sandwiches in half.
Prep: 10 minutes
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
|Calories per serving:||422|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||38g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||39g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||98mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||758mg|
|Calcium per serving:||266mg|