Lamb Chops With Lemony Bulgur
- 12 (2-ounce) French-cut lamb rib chops, trimmed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 14-ounce can fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1 large carrot, julienne cut
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
1. Place chops in a zip-top bag. Whisk together vinegar, 2 teaspoons oil, and mint. Pour over lamb, seal bag, and rub marinade around. Chill 20 minutes.
2. In a 2-quart saucepan with a lid, bring the broth to a boil. Add bulgur, carrot, and salt, simmer 7 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Chop parsley and mix with lemon juice and remaining oil. Stir the parsley mixture into bulgur, fluff with a fork. Set aside.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add lamb to pan, discarding marinade. Cook 2–3 minutes per side. Sprinkle lamb evenly with pepper.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Flavorful lamb chops make an easy, quick weeknight dinner. They cook quickly, so let everyone know dinner's almost ready.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup bulgur, 3 chops)
|Calories per serving:||330|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||22g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||34g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||50mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||250mg|
|Calcium per serving:||64mg|