Fennel-Pomegranate Salad With Grilled Chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, plus 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup orange sections
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 pomegranate)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced fresh mint
1. Combine olive oil, orange juice, 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl; add fennel. Toss to combine; cover and chill 1 hour.
2. In the meantime, heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Season chicken with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, place on grill and cook for about 4–5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Add orange sections and pomegranate seeds to fennel mixture; toss gently to combine. Top with almonds and mint. Serve salad with chicken breasts.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: This colorful, nutrient-packed salad features grilled chicken breasts served wtih a mixture of fennel, fresh orange sections, pomegranate seeds and almonds.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and about 1/2 cup salad)
|Calories per serving:||259|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||26g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||26g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||63mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||193mg|
|Calcium per serving:||98mg|