Fennel-Pomegranate Salad With Grilled Chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, plus 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup orange sections
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 pomegranate)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced fresh mint
1. Combine olive oil, orange juice, 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl; add fennel. Toss to combine; cover and chill 1 hour.
2. In the meantime, heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Season chicken with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, place on grill and cook for about 4â€“5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Add orange sections and pomegranate seeds to fennel mixture; toss gently to combine. Top with almonds and mint. Serve salad with chicken breasts.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and about 1/2 cup salad)
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 8 minutes; Chill: 1 hour.
|Calories per serving:||259|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||26g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||26g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||63mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||193mg|
|Calcium per serving:||98mg|