Orecchiette With Chickpeas and Broccoli Rabe
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe (rapini), chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups hot, cooked orecchiette (a little ear-shaped pasta), 8 ounces dry
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add chickpeas and sauté 2 minutes or until they're just beginning to brown. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté 30 seconds.
2. Add broccoli rabe and chicken broth to pan; bring to a simmer and cook 3 minutes or until broccoli rabe is crisp-tender.
3. Stir in hot pasta and salt; cook 2 minutes or until heated throughout.
4. Divide among 4 shallow bowls, and top each with Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||456|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||21g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||67g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||4mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||327mg|
|Calcium per serving:||137mg|