Grilled Chicken With Sweet-and-Sour Cucumber-Radish Salad
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 6 radishes, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Combine the cucumber, radish, and red onion in a medium bowl. Whisk together the next 4 ingredients (through salt) in small bowl until sugar is dissolved; pour over vegetables, and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Prepare grill. Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken, and pat into flesh. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature is at least 165Â°. Serve chicken with a side of the cucumber salad.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast, 3/4 cup salad)
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 8 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||169|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||73mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||287mg|
|Calcium per serving:||30mg|