- 4 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1 1/4 cups red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips (1 pepper)
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut scallions
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
1. In a large bowl, toss the cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw, red bell pepper, scallions, and grape tomatoes together. Set aside.
2. Combine the horseradish and next four ingredients (through salt) in a small jar and shake until blended. Remove the lid and add the canola oil. Shake again. Or whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl.
3. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat vegetables. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: Colorful, flavorful and healthy, this Spicy-Sweet Slaw recipe is a great side dish for summer barbeques or alongside weeknight meals.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||59|
|Fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||9g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||217mg|
|Calcium per serving:||32mg|