Roasted Red Pepper, Feta, Oregano, and Black Olive Frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 4 whole large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3 ounces sliced roasted red peppers
- 2 ounces feta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 8 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat the oven to broil. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cook 3 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
2. Meanwhile whisk together the eggs, egg whites, salt, and pepper. Pour over the onion mixture and cook just until the eggs begin to set.
3. Scatter roasted red peppers, feta, oregano, and olives evenly over the surface. Place under the broiler 3 minutes or until the mixture rises slightly, becomes bubbly and set.
4. Transfer to a serving plate, cut into 6 pie shaped wedges and serve.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 slice frittata)