Creamy Chocolate Pudding
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 ounces block-style light cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- 4 chocolate wafer cookies (such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers)
1. Combine chocolate and milk in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
2. Combine cottage cheese and next 4 ingredients (through vanilla) in food processor and process 2–3 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides once or twice, until very smooth. Add chocolate mixture; process until smooth and blended.
3. Spoon pudding into individual serving dishes. Top with chocolate shavings, if desired, and serve with a wafer.
Prep time: 15 minutes. This deceptively decadent cross between a mousse and a pudding is slimmed down with low-fat dairy ingredients. It will keep if covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/3 cup pudding and 1 cookie)
|Calories per serving:||251|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||10g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||30g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||20mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||313mg|
|Calcium per serving:||118mg|