Personal Chicken Pizzas
- 4 (6- to 8-inch) pitas or Mediterranean-style flatbreads
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Assorted vegetables for making faces (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place the pitas on a baking sheet. Spread 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce over each pita, and let your kids do the rest: Sprinkle each pita with 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup chicken, 1 teaspoon grated fresh Parmesan cheese, and the remaining tablespoon of mozzarella cheese; then top with veggies (optional).
2. Bake 10–12 minutes, or until the pizza is heated through, cheese is melted, and bread is crisp on bottom.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Making personal size pizzas is such a fun activity for families to do together at mealtime. Top with chicken and lots of veggies to make them even healthier.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 pizza)
|Calories per serving:||322|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||37g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||47mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||602mg|
|Calcium per serving:||276mg|