Frosted Carrot Cake Squares
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or canned, drained pineapple
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Coat an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
4. Beat together sugar, yogurt, oil, and egg in a large bowl. Stir in the carrot and pineapple. Mix with dry ingredients. Fold in pecans.
5. Spoon batter into pan. Bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
6. Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl. Add lemon juice. Beat in powdered sugar. Spread frosting over cake. Cut into 12 squares.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Transform your favorite layer cake into an easy carrot cake bar recipe. Don't skimp on the cream cheese frosting.
- Yield: Makes 12 squares (serving size: 1 square)
|Calories per serving:||187|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||19mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||161mg|
|Calcium per serving:||33mg|