Asian Beef Salad
- 1/2 pound thickly sliced reduced-fat, reduced-sodium deli roast beef
- 1 (3-ounce) package ramen noodle soup mix (remove flavor packet and reserve for another use)
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 1/4 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup light sesame ginger vinaigrette (such as Newman's Own)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced (1/3 cup)
1. Slice the beef into thin 1-inch-wide strips. Place the beef in a large mixing bowl. Break the ramen noodles into small pieces, and mix them with the beef.
2. Add the cooked and cooled edamame and next 4 ingredients (through vinegar) to the bowl, and toss the ingredients well to coat them with the dressing. Cover and chill 20 minutes.
3. To serve, divide the salad evenly among 4 shallow bowls, and sprinkle each with scallions.
What you get: cancer-fighting phytochemicals, fiber, protein, vitamins, calcium.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3 1/2 cups)
Prep: 18 minutes; Chill: 20 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||281|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||21g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||38g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||40mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||847mg|
|Calcium per serving:||147mg|