Italian Antipasto Salad
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 12 fresh bocconcini, about 4 ounces
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained, patted dry, and cut into strips
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 (12-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
1. Divide the fresh baby spinach evenly among 4 dinner plates.
2. Divide bocconcini and next 3 ingredients (through the artichoke hearts) among the plates.
3. To serve, drizzle 2 tablespoons vinaigrette over each salad, and garnish with a baguette slice. Sprinkle salads with pepper, if desired.
You can lower the sodium in this salad by cutting down on the dressing and olives. Prep: 15 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 salad and 1 bread slice)
|Calories per serving:||256|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||40g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||5mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||1277mg|
|Calcium per serving:||297mg|