Layered Cobb Salad
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs
- 10 cup shredded red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 chopped seeded peeled cucumbers
- 1 diced peeled avocado
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup real bacon crumbles (in the salad-dressing aisle)
- 2/3 cup prepared reduced-fat vinaigrette
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
1. Remove shells from eggs and dice 2 of the eggs. Discard yolks from remaining 2 eggs and chop the whites; set aside.
2. In a large glass bowl, layer ingredients, beginning with lettuce, then chicken and next 5 ingredients (through bacon).
3. Drizzle dressing over salad, and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, if desired.
Cut prep time for this favorite with precooked chicken from your supermarket's meat department or salad bar. Prep: 20 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (Serving size: about 2 3/4 cups salad)
|Calories per serving:||271|
|Fat per serving:||18g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||18g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||11g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||103mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||646mg|
|Calcium per serving:||109mg|