Grilled Chicken With Spicy Cherry Sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped pitted sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cherry preserves
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Prepare the grill. Then lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray.
2. Lightly crush cherries in a small saucepan. Add the wine or water and next 6 ingredients (through preserves). Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
3. Grill the chicken, covered, for 4 minutes on each side or until it is cooked through. Serve chicken topped with cherry sauce.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 18 minutes. You can make the cherry sauce with either fresh or frozen berries.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast, 1/4 cup cherry sauce)
|Calories per serving:||189|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||9g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||73mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||100mg|
|Calcium per serving:||20mg|