- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. In a wide, shallow bowl, combine the olive oil and next 5 ingredients (through pepper).
2. Add tomatoes, and turn to coat them on all sides.
3. Prepare grill.
4. Place tomatoes, cut sides down, on the grill rack. Brush once with remaining marinade, and then discard marinade. Grill about 5-7 minutes on each side over medium-high heat or until tomatoes begin to blister, soften, and brown. (They can burn easily, so keep an eye on them.)
5. Remove the tomatoes from grill, and top with Parmesan cheese, if desired, and parsley. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: When tomatoes get a solid dose of blistering heat, they weep sweet juices that are oh-so flavorful. Pair this side dish recipe with your favorite grilled chicken recipe.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 tomato halves)
|Calories per serving:||60|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||7g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||79mg|
|Calcium per serving:||18mg|