Tequila-Lime Shrimp With Cilantro Rice
- 3/4 cup instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon bottled chipotle sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails on (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 8 (6-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for at least 10 minutes
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 lime wedges
1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Prepare grill.
3. Combine tequila and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a medium bowl. Add shrimp; toss well to coat, and let stand 10 minutes. Thread 3 shrimp onto each skewer, reserving remaining marinade.
4. Coat grill with vegetable oil; place skewers on grill. Cover and cook on medium-high heat 4 minutes. Brush with remaining marinade. Turn skewers; brush again. Cover and grill 3-4 more minutes or till shrimp are opaque.
5. Meanwhile, transfer the rice to a medium bowl; stir in salt and 4 tablespoons cilantro. Spoon 3/4 cup rice onto each of 4 serving plates; top each with 2 skewers and remaining cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 17 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup rice and 6 shrimp)
|Calories per serving:||286|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||26g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||30g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||210mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||399mg|
|Calcium per serving:||59mg|