Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin and Carrots
- 3/4 pound baby carrots
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons apple juice or apple cider
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or regular salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives (optional)
1. Place the carrots and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan and bring them to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to simmer. Stir, cover, and let carrots simmer another 10-12 minutes or until they are tender.
2. Meanwhile, prepare glaze by mixing all glaze ingredients together in a small bowl; set aside. When carrots are done, remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
3. Cut tenderloin crosswise into 12 equal slices, and season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in an extra-large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned on the bottom side. Using tongs, flip the pork and cook another 3-4 minutes or until almost cooked through.
4. Add carrots to pan with pork. Stir glaze again, and add it to the pan. Bring mixture to a simmer, and cook until pork is done, about 1-2 minutes. Stir to coat pork and carrots with glaze. Divide pork and carrots among 4 plates. Pour any remaining glaze over pork, and garnish with chives, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Serve this sweet and tangy pork tenderloin for an easy weeknight dinner. The pork is brushed with a glaze of honey, apple cider and mustard and served with tender baby carrots.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3 slices pork and 1/4 of carrots)
|Calories per serving:||293|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||29g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||26g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||86mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||367mg|
|Calcium per serving:||40mg|