Lemon-Olive Grilled Chicken
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Prepare grill.
2. Coat grill with cooking spray. Place chicken on grill. Cook 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Combine 1 teaspoon lemon rind with mustard; brush over chicken.
3. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the couscous. Remove from heat; cover, let stand 5 minutes.
4. In a bowl, combine remaining lemon rind, olives, and remaining ingredients. Stir couscous into olive mixture. Spoon onto 4 plates; top with chicken.
Wine note: With its rustic spiciness and zingy acidity, no other grape goes better with olives than sangiovese, the grape in Italian Chianti. So look for a good Chianti such as Da Vinci (around $16).
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 2/3 cup couscous)
|Calories per serving:||318|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||30g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||29g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||63mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||476mg|
|Calcium per serving:||41mg|