Quick and Easy Banana-Oat Muffins
- 2 mashed ripe bananas (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup white whole-wheat flour (such as King Arthur) or whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Combine bananas and next 4 ingredients (through vanilla) in a medium bowl; mix well, and set aside.
3. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup and level with a knife. Whisk together flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a small bowl.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until they are just combined.
5. Spray 9 muffin cups with cooking spray (or use paper liners), and spoon 1/3 cup batter into each cup (cups will be full).
6. Bake 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Leftover muffins can be frozen for up to two weeks.
- Yield: Makes 9 muffins (serving size: 1 muffin)
|Calories per serving:||152|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||27mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||178mg|
|Calcium per serving:||85mg|