Shrimp and Asparagus Salad
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or regular salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1 coarsely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 diced peeled avocado
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
1. Fill a large pot half-full with water, and bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth, about 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
3. When water is boiling, add shrimp and asparagus pieces; cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through and asparagus is bright green. Drain in a colander, and run cold water over the shrimp and asparagus. When cool, toss the shrimp and asparagus with bell pepper, cucumber, and avocado in mixing bowl. Pour dressing over shrimp-and-vegetable mixture, and toss to coat.
4. Divide greens among 4 plates, and top each with 1/4 of the shrimp-and-vegetable mixture.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This Shrimp and Asparagus salad and homemade dressing are ready in 20 minutes and is great for week night meals.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups salad and 2 tablespoons dressing)
|Calories per serving:||239|
|Fat per serving:||13g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||21g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||10g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||168mg|
|Iron per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||291mg|
|Calcium per serving:||95mg|