Ricotta and Lemon-Basil Pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta, such as seashell or campanelle
- 1 cup (8 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges (optional)
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
2. Combine ricotta, next 5 ingredients (through pepper), and reserved cooking liquid in a large bowl. Add the pasta, and toss to combine. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired. Serve immediately.
Wine note: Wolf Blass South Australian Chardonnay, around $12, is a classy number that tastes like twice the price. It combines lemony fruit and a soft kiss of toasty oak to complement the zestiness of the pasta and nuttiness from the green beans.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Make sure to reserve some of the cooking water before you drain the pasta. It'll add flavor and help thicken the sauce.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||273|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||15g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||46g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||20mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||363mg|
|Calcium per serving:||116mg|