Classic Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 cups hot cooked egg noodles (8 ounces uncooked)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
Cut beef diagonally across the grain into 1/4-inch-wide strips; cut the strips into 2-inch pieces.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove beef from pan; place in a medium bowl, and keep warm. Add cremini mushrooms and onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Add cremini mushroom mixture to beef.
Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
Add beef mixture, sherry, salt, and pepper to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 seconds. Stir in sour cream.
Combine noodles and minced parsley. Serve beef mixture over noodles. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 2/3 cup beef mixture and 2/3 cup noodles)
|Calories per serving:||352|
|Caloriesfromfat per serving:||30%|
|Fat per serving:||11.7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||24.2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||36g|
|Fiber per serving:||1.8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||87mg|
|Iron per serving:||3.1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||355mg|
|Calcium per serving:||40mg|