Mushroom and Spinach Frittata With Smoked Gouda
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups packed baby spinach leaves or torn Swiss chard
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Add spinach; cover and cook 1 minute or just until spinach is wilted.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, 1/4 cup cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add spinach mixture; mix well. Pour mixture into an 8-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over frittata. Bake 30 minutes or until eggs are set in center and cheese has melted. Cut into 4 wedges.
Wine note: A velvety, berry-rich California red from the Petite Sirah grape will match the earthiness of the frittata's mushrooms and cut through the rich Gouda flavor. Look for Bogle, a big wine at a relatively small price, about $10.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
|Calories per serving:||158|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||125mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||339mg|
|Calcium per serving:||155mg|