Roast Garlic and Edamame Dip
- 1 small whole garlic head
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen shelled edamame (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cut about 1/4 inch off the top of the garlic head, so the cloves are slightly exposed, but don't peel the garlic. Wrap the head loosely in foil, and place in a preheated 400° oven for 45 minutes or until garlic is very soft and golden. Let cool; then squeeze the garlic cloves out of the paperlike peel.
2. Meanwhile, bring 2 cups water to a boil; add edamame, and boil 5 minutes. Drain.
3. Combine edamame, garlic, cumin, and next 5 ingredients (through 3 tablespoons water) in a food processor, and pulse until smooth. Garnish mixture with the chopped cilantro and serve.
- Yield: Makes 16 servings (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 50 minutes. Planning for a party? Make this flavorful dip a day or two in advance, and store it covered tightly in the fridge.
|Calories per serving:||54|
|Fat per serving:||2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||5g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||1mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||50mg|
|Calcium per serving:||28mg|