Maple Date-Nut Oatmeal Breakfast Squares
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring slowly with a wooden spoon until well combined.
3. Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan, and spread evenly.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until just golden brown around edges. Cool and cut into squares.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: A perfect make-ahead breakfast treat, these maple date-nut oatmeal squares can feed a crowd or be frozen for another day. Serve with hot coffee or juice.
- Yield: Makes 24 servings (serving size: 1 square)
|Calories per serving:||152|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||28g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||13mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||132mg|
|Calcium per serving:||31mg|