Broccoli Slaw Sauté
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 (2-by-1/4-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1 sliced green onion
- 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli coleslaw
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Warm oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Add the red bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
2. Add the broccoli coleslaw, salt, black pepper, and vinegar. Cook, stirring 4-5 minutes or until the slaw is tender but not mushy.
3. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl, and sprinkle with grated cheese, if desired. Can be served warm or cold.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 8 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 5 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
|Calories per serving:||61|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||2mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||183mg|
|Calcium per serving:||40mg|