Spiked Citrus Sorbet
- 1 red grapefruit
- 2 navel oranges (or 3 clementines)
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur such as Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry sorbet
1. Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit and oranges, cutting away all of the white pithy part of the rind. Cut the fruit into segments.
2. Transfer fruit to a medium bowl. Stir in liqueur and sugar; let stand at least 5 minutes before serving to let sugar dissolve. If not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate mixture until needed (up to 1 day).
3. To serve, divide the citrus mixture evenly among 4 small dishes or bowls. Top each portion with a scoop of sorbet.
- Prep Time: Add some pizzazz to your sorbet with this spiked citrus recipe. It's quick an easy, only taking 15 minutes of prep time, and a healthy way to enjoy a fruity dessert.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 6 tablespoons citrus mixture and about 1/3 cup sorbet)
|Calories per serving:||187|
|Fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||44g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||38mg|