Cranberry-Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 1/3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (about 3 1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup regular oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate minichips
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, oats, baking powder, and the next 5 ingredients (through chips) in a large bowl.
Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add honey, vanilla, egg, and egg white; beat well. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on pans. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Yield: 36 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)
Chocolate chips or cranberries might seem like the best part about these cookies, but it's really that each cookie is 75 calories.
|Calories per serving:||75|
|Calories per serving:||31%|
|Fat per serving:||2.6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.4g|
|Protein per serving:||1.4g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||12.1g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||10mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||49mg|
|Calcium per serving:||12mg|
Good to Know
These cookies taste so decadent no one needs to know they're packed with whole wheat, fiber-rich oats, and omega-rich walnuts.