Chocolate, Fruit, and Nut Clusters
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or chopped baking bar, such as Ghirardelli
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) milk chocolate chips or chopped milk chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1. Place the semisweet chocolate and milk chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Stir; microwave 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
2. Stir in the cranberries and pecans. Immediately drop by level teaspoonfuls onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes. Clusters will keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 2 minutes. Dark chocolate offers stress-busting antioxidants, while cranberries may help fend off winter colds and fight stomach bugs, too. And pecans are rich in zinc, good fats, and fiber. Be sure to tell your giftee to store these clusters in the fridge.
- Yield: Makes 28 servings (serving size: 1 cluster)
|Calories per serving:||52|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||6g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||1mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||3mg|
|Calcium per serving:||8mg|
Good to Know
You won’t feel guilty offering these delicious, make-ahead sweets to your guests—they’re low in fat and cholesterol and have a host of nutrients packed into every bite.