- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Coat a 10-inch tube or a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle with flour; shake out excess. Sprinkle chopped pecans over bottom of pan.
3. Combine cake mix and next 5 ingredients (through rum), mixing well, according to package directions. Pour batter over nuts. Bake 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
4. While the cake bakes, make glaze. Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in the sugar and water. Boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Let cool 1 minute. Stir in rum.
5. Invert cake onto a plate. Pierce top of cake in several places. Brush glaze evenly over top and sides, so cake absorbs glaze.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Keep this classic rum cake recipe in your arsenal for special occasions or no occasion at all!
- Yield: Makes 16 servings (serving size: 1/16 of cake)
|Calories per serving:||300|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||36g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||6mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||321mg|
|Calcium per serving:||56mg|