Open-Faced Turkey Sandwiches With Cranberry Chutney
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons honey Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 12 ounces thinly sliced turkey
- 4 slices 1/3-less-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 teaspoons cranberry chutney or relish
1. Preheat broiler (with oven rack in middle position).
2. On each slice of bread, spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise and then spread 1 teaspoon of honey Dijon mustard.
3. Layer each slice with 1/4 of the baby spinach, 3 ounces of turkey, and a slice of Swiss cheese.
4. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and put in the oven. Broil 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
5. Remove from heat; top each sandwich with a teaspoon of cranberry chutney or relish, and serve immediately.
Prep: 12 minutes; Cook: 2 minutes. Try this light, tasty sandwich the day after Thanksgiving when you have leftovers but don't want a hefty sandwich that'll weigh you down. The Dijon mustard and cranberry chutney give it an extra zing you'll love, and the cheese gives you a boost of calcium.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
|Calories per serving:||317|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||36g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||23g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||76mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||465mg|
|Calcium per serving:||333mg|