Spice-Rubbed Salmon Steaks With Mashed Potatoes
- 4 (6-ounce, 1-inch-thick) salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
1. Combine the salmon, olive oil, red pepper, curry powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Coat salmon with the mixture.
2. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the salmon steaks to the skillet, and cook about 4-5 minutes on 1 side. Flip over, and cook another 2-3 minutes or until completely cooked through.
3. Place each steak on a plate, and serve with a side of mashed potatoes.
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 6 minutes. Dress up your leftover mashed potatoes with this quick, crispy salmon.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak, 1/2 cup potatoes)
|Calories per serving:||444|
|Fat per serving:||20g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||9g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Protein per serving:||41g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||24g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||108mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||238mg|
|Calcium per serving:||52mg|