- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ripe avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions (optional)
1. Spread mustard over one side of chicken breasts. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken breasts, with mustard side down; cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over. Reduce heat to medium.
2. Combine salsa and lime juice; spoon over and around chicken. Simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, 6-8 minutes.
3. Transfer chicken to serving plates. Cook the remaining pan juices in skillet over high heat until slightly reduced, about 30 seconds.
4. Spoon juices over the chicken; top with avocado. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: For perfect avocado cubes, score a halved, pitted avocado with a knife--first lengthwise, then crosswise. Then just fold the skin back and let the cubes release.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast with juices and 1 tablespoon avocado)
|Calories per serving:||177|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||24g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||4g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||63mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||345mg|
|Calcium per serving:||28mg|