Updated Waldorf Salad
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 small (Gala or Fuji) apples, cubed
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery (about 1 stalk)
- 8 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
1. Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add apples, grapes, and cranberries; mix well.
2. Add the walnuts and celery, and mix well. Serve it on a bed of 2 lettuce leaves. The salad can be refrigerated up to 2 hours before serving.
- Prep Time: For perfect apple cubes: Stand the apple on your cutting board and cut down into four slabs; discard the core. Lay slabs, cut sides down, and cut into 1/2-inch slices, then crosswise into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup salad and 2 boston or bibb lettuce leaves)
|Calories per serving:||153|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||26g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||72mg|
|Calcium per serving:||28mg|
Good to Know
Fill up on this healthy, fresh salad filled with crisp fruit and vegetables. Spare the fat with fat-free mayonnaise and indulge even more.