Quick Baked Pears
- 2 large Bosc pears
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried mixed fruit (such as Sun-Maid Fruit Bits)
- 1/4 cup low-fat granola
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt, divided into 4 small scoops
1. Peel pears; cut in half lengthwise. Use a melon baller or grapefruit spoon to remove core and seeds, creating a hollow.
2. Place pear halves, with cut sides up, in a glass pie plate. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over pears.
3. Combine cranberries and granola; mound into hollows of the pear halves. Pour the apple juice in and around pear halves. Cover dish loosely with wax paper.
4. Cook in microwave on HIGH 6-8 minutes or until the pears are tender when pierced with a knife. Let stand in the dish 5 minutes. Use a large slotted spoon to transfer the pears to serving plates.
5. Drizzle juices from pie plate over pears and serve with frozen yogurt.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 6 minutes; Standing time: 5 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 pear half with 1 tablespoon vanilla frozen yogurt and about 1 1/2 tablespoons juice)
|Calories per serving:||176|
|Fat per serving:||2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||40g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||16mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||32mg|
|Calcium per serving:||78mg|