Curried Chicken-Spinach Salad
- 3 (5-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Trim excess fat from the chicken. Place the chicken and enough water to cover in a medium saucepan over high heat until water just begins to bubble. Reduce heat, cover, and poach 10 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and let cool.
2. While chicken cooks, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chutney, curry powder, and ginger in a large bowl.
3. Chop chicken and add to yogurt mixture. Add celery, grapes, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Divide spinach among 4 plates; top with chicken salad and pecans.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Andrea's wine pick: To echo this tasty salad's sweet spices and juicy grapes, choose a fragrant white wine from the gewurztraminer grape. Try Léon Beyer from the Alsace region of France, $18.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup chicken and 1 1/4 ounces spinach)
|Calories per serving:||181|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||21g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||28mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||431mg|
|Calcium per serving:||81mg|