Penne With Sautéed Zucchini and Parmesan
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shaved fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped bottled roasted red bell pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add penne, and cook 7-9 minutes or until al dente. Drain penne, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water.
2. While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the zucchini, and sauté over medium heat another 3 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Then season with salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Add penne and reserved pasta water to the zucchini in the skillet; toss to combine.
4. Remove from heat and transfer to large serving bowl. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan and toss gently to combine all ingredients. Serve garnished with the roasted red bell peppers and the remaining 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||307|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||10g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||43g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||4mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||248mg|
|Calcium per serving:||86mg|