Zesty Italian Chicken
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth (or water)
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine flour, Italian seasoning, and pepper in a bowl.
3. Dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel, then dredge them in the flour mixture. Pat off excess flour.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken breasts and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. Remove chicken from the skillet and place in an ovenproof dish. Bake 10-12 minutes.
6. About 3 minutes before the chicken is done, make the sauce. Reheat skillet over medium heat, add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add the broth and simmer until reduced by half. Add the lemon zest, juice, and dressing; cook another minute. Add the parsley and remove from heat.
7. Remove the chicken breasts from the oven. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
This appetizing entrée clocks in at less than 300 calories and is certain to cure your chicken cravings.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast, 2 tablespoons sauce)
|Calories per serving:||258|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||36g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||7g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||94mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||203mg|
|Calcium per serving:||51mg|