Easy Linguine With White Clam Sauce
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 small finely chopped onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce) cans chopped clams, drained, reserving 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan-Romano cheese, divided
- 1 scallion, chopped
1. Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the pasta water before draining.
2. While the pasta cooks, make the clam sauce: In a skillet over medium heat, warm the butter until hot, about 2 minutes. Sauté onion and garlic 1 minute. Add salt and pepper; continue to sauté another minute, or until onion is soft and garlic is fragrant but not browned. Add the drained chopped clams and reserved 2 tablespoons clam juice; stir gently to combine, and simmer.
3. Add reserved 2 tablespoons pasta water to the skillet with the sauce. Stir sauce, and continue to simmer 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Toss the linguine with olive oil and divide between two bowls. Top each serving of pasta with half of the clam sauce, 1 tablespoon cheese, and a sprinkling of chopped scallion.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This healthy version of clam sauce and pasta features canned clams in a light sauce of butter, onion and garlic served over linguine or other pasta of your choice.
- Yield: Makes 2 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||595|
|Fat per serving:||15g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||58g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||55g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||146mg|
|Iron per serving:||54mg|
|Sodium per serving:||475mg|
|Calcium per serving:||255mg|