Glazed Scallops With Couscous
- 2 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 16 large sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 cup packaged matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (through crushed red pepper). Rinse scallops under cold water; pat dry. Add scallops to marinade; toss well to coat. Let stand 10-30 minutes, stirring once.
2. Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat; stir in couscous, peas, carrots, and salt; cover and turn off heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare grill, and grill scallops over medium-hot coals 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and opaque in center. Arrange couscous mixture on 4 plates. Arrange 4 scallops over couscous. Bring marinade to a boil, stir, and cook 3 minutes or until thickened. Drizzle mixture over scallops and couscous; top with cilantro, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This one-dish meal pairs perfectly with a simple side salad. The scallops get their bold flavor from a spicy, Asian-inspired sauce made with five simple ingredients.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 4 scallops and 1/2 cup couscous mixture)
|Calories per serving:||335|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||34g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||37g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||56mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||740mg|
|Calcium per serving:||74mg|