Vanilla-Lemon Berry Parfaits
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 (3.5-ounce) containers fat-free vanilla pudding
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon curd (such as Dickinson's)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups mixed berries (such as blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, pudding, lemon curd, and vanilla extract; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir the honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Add the mixed berries, and gently stir with a rubber spatula to coat them with the honey mixture.
3. Assemble the parfaits in four 8-ounce glasses. Using measuring spoons, scoop 3 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture into each glass. Top with 1/4 cup of the berries, then another 3 tablespoons yogurt, and another 1/4 cup berries. Garnish each yogurt parfait with fresh mint, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Prep: 10 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 6 tablespoons yogurt mixture and 1/2 cup fruit)
Mixing yogurt with some fat-free vanilla pudding makes it creamier and takes the edge off its tanginess.
|Calories per serving:||176|
|Fat per serving:||2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||37g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||10mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||154mg|
|Calcium per serving:||153mg|