Yogurt-and-Spice Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Dipping sauce:
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of visible fat
- 12 metal or wooden skewers
1. For the dipping sauce, mix the honey mustard and sour cream in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed. This sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients; set aside.
3. Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 4 long, thin strips. You should end up with about 12 strips. Place the strips into a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag. Pour the marinade mixture over the chicken, and close the bag. Then flip the bag a few times to ensure that all pieces are coated with marinade, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. When ready to cook, transfer the chicken to a colander to drain off excess marinade. With clean hands, skewer each piece of chicken, threading it onto the end of a skewer. Continue until all of the chicken pieces are skewered.
5. Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium heat. Cook for about 2 1/2 minutes on each side, testing chicken for doneness before serving (meat should be opaque). Transfer skewers to a clean platter.
6. Remove the chicken from the skewers, if desired. Serve chicken while hot with the dipping sauce alongside.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 2 skewers and 2 1/2 tablespoons dipping sauce)
|Calories per serving:||210|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||26g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||10g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||75mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||260mg|
|Calcium per serving:||102mg|